HISTORY of the LODGE
Wilson-Iles Lodge was consecrated on 23rd July 1884 at The Four Swan's Hotel, Waltham Cross under the authority of a warrant dated 22nd May 1884.
The Lodge had the honour of bearing the name of Dr. Francis Henry Wilson-Iles, Deputy Provincial Grand Master in 1889.
The Latin inscription on the Crest adopted by the Lodge, 'Vi et Virtute', is translated to read as 'Life and Honour' and also as 'By Strength and Valour'.
In 1886 the Lodge looked to move to the Watford area and prior to 1920 moved between several venues in Watford, Bushey and Rickmansworth.
In 1920 plans were made to construct Halsey Masonic Hall in Watford and the Lodge moved into the present building when it was completed in 1926.
With the advent of war in 1939, the ground floor of Halsey Hall was requisitioned by the army for military purposes. Dining, therefore, had to take place in the smaller of the two temples on the first floor.
Today, the Lodge is firmly ensconced in Halsey Masonic Hall with one member serving as a director on the Board of the Hall Management Committee since 2003.
Having celebrated it's 125th anniversary in 2009, the Lodge is now looking forward to celebrating 150 years in the not too distant future.
|Lodge||Date of Consecration|
|Union Waterloo Lodge No. 13||Warrant issued 6th March 1761|
|Nelson Lodge No. 700||Consecrated 30th June 1857|
|Capper Lodge No. 1076||Consecrated 19th November 1865|
|King Harold Lodge No. 1327||Consecrated 27th September 1870|
|Wilson-Iles Lodge No. 2054||Consecrated 23rd July 1884|
|Rickmansworth Lodge No. 2218||Consecrated 16th November 1887|
|Abbots Langley Lodge No. 4645||Consecrated 14th November 1924|
|Tudor Lodge No. 7280||Consecrated 9th July 1953|
|Friendship Lodge No. 8357||Consecrated 31st March 1971|
|Isambard Brunel Lodge No. 8908||Consecrated 26th November 1979|
Make a site - Go now